ASMTower performs the required structural analysis and designs of telecom towers according to the requirements of the design code used.
ASMTower is capable of performing the analysis and design of telecom towers according to the following standards.
The American standard
The European standard
ASMTower produces the finite element analysis model required for analysis tower; the model includes both geometry of members, release, materials, profiles and loads, and then analyzes this model according to the requirements of the chosen design code. Analysis procedures can be summarized as follows:
- Automatic generation of nodes, elements and dummy members.
- Analysis model is generated according to design code requirements.
- Linear or P-delta analysis (including cable behavior) is used to get forces and deformations.
- Ability to analyze structure with struts.
- Optionally to export tower model to STAAD-PRO software (with all loads and all combinations).
ASMTower includes the following types of analysis methods and the appropriate method can be chosen automatically.
- Linear analysis.
- P-Delta analysis.
- Cable analysis including catenary model.
ASMTower calculate the maximum forces in each member resulted from analysis of all load combination according to design code. To calculate the capacity of members, ASMTower will do the following :
- Automatic estimation for buckling length of tower members.
- Calculation of effective buckling factor (K-factor) according to design code.
- Analysis of any configuration of anchor bolt to calculate forces per each anchor.
The capacity of the following is verified against maximum applied forces on it:
- Tower members.
- Tapered monopole parts.
- Straight/stepped monopole parts.
- Bolt connection in tower members.
- Anchor bolt strength and if its development length is adequate.